Entries are now invited for the Senator Cairine Wilson Competition for the 2015-2018 Triennium. This award was begun in 1957 by Senator Cairine Wilson for the most outstanding project in citizenship. Over the decades, a multitude of topics have been researched and entered.
Topic: Scrapbook with Journalling: “Chronicling My WI Journey”
– 12″x12″ Scrapbook with page protectors
– No less than 10 double sided pages, no more than 20 double sided pages
– Work must have been completed in the last 3 years
– Journalling must be hand-written
– Your name and branch in a sealed envelop attached to the inside of the back cover
Pictures – 40
Journaling – 60
Total – 100
Any Women’s Institute member can enter. Entrees are to be sent to their own Provincial Office, which is responsible for their own competitions and eliminations. The Provincial Offices may then each submit one entry to the national FWIC competition.
All winning provincial entries are to be forwarded to the Manitoba WI office in Brandon to be reviewed no later than June 1, 2018. A one hundred dollar ($100.00) cash prize will be awarded to the national winner and announced at the Triennial Convention.
1129 Queens Ave
Brandon MB R7A 1L9